Razor Sharp will once again be offering Tabata! Tabata is a high-intensity interval training method originally created by Japanese researcher Izumi Tabata. It is simple to understand, easy to apply — and one of the most WICKED-effective cardio-/metabolic-conditioning programs invented. This program is scientifically designed to be the hardest and most fun workout you’ll. Ever. Do!
How Tabata Works:
- 20/10 – 20 seconds of full-bore exercise, followed by 10 seconds of rest
- 8 x 8 + 2 — 8 rounds each of 8 exercises, with a dynamic warm-up and proper cool-down
- 2-3 Tabata training sessions per week
- 1 shredded, fat burning machine that is YOUR BODY
Is Tabata for You?
- If you want extra motivation — Tabata is for you.
- If you need a solution for workout boredom — Tabata is for you.
- If you’re not seeing the results you hoped for — Tabata is for you.
- If you like working out as part of a team — Tabata is for you.
Tabata’s popularity comes partly from the scientific evidence showing that it is a superior training method to traditional cardiovascular training. Beyond that, who wouldn’t prefer better results in just 4 minutes compared to 60 minutes of traditional cardio exercise?
That said, the high intensity of Tabata will make it “feel” a lot harder than traditional cardio exercises. That’s why you’ll be working with our experienced personal trainers every step of the way. They will guide you safely through these workouts and help you to:
- Increase athletic capacity — the Tabata training protocol improves both aerobic and anaerobic capacity in already fit individuals
- Lose weight or reduce fat — studies have shown that high-intensity training results in EPOC, Excess Post-exercise Oxygen Consumption. See that graph farther up the page? Yeah, that’s EPOC in action. In layman’s terms, this means that the metabolic effect of exercising at high intensity can continue long after the training session ends, resulting in more calories being burnt, even while you are resting!
- See results with less workout time — busy people without a lot of time to spend in the gym can apply Tabata to ensure that they maximize the efficiency of their workouts, getting better results than traditional methods in substantially less sweat time!
What does Tabata cost?
8 Sessions — $160.00
16 Sessions — $240.00
24 Sessions — $300.00
If you sign up at the completion of a demo you receive 5% off
When does Tabata start?
Tabata demo week 1 is February 5th – 11th
Tabata demo week 2 is February 12th – 18th
The first week of Tabata classes starts February 19th and runs through the week of April 9th
For more information contact Kate Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org