Sports Performance Training
Be a step above your competition
SPS Sports Performance training is designed to help young athletes progress their performance to the highest levels while remaining injury-free, regardless of the sport. We believe in offering evidence-based strength and conditioning programs that are safe, fun, and are specific to each athlete’s needs.
How is sports performance training different from personal training?
Personal training is geared to general fitness populations, helping clients to lose body fat, gain muscle, mass, and/or maintain a level of fitness. Where as sports performance is designed to enhance athletic performance by providing workouts that are specific to the sport. SPS(Speed, Power, Strength) programs are focused on strength, power, speed, agility, mobility, flexibility, and conditioning for athletes at all levels.
How does SPS prevent sports injuries?
No training program can offer an absolute guarantee of injury prevention, especially in contact sports. But steps that we take here focus on strengthening muscle imbalances, developing coordination, enhancing mobility and flexibility, and instilling a demand for technical proficiency.
How do I get started?
Each athlete recieves a complimentary evaluation. During this one-hour session, we:
- Meet to discuss sports, goals, and training history
- Conduct a series of tests consistent with the above info
- Determine an appropriate training plan
Training Options Include:
- One-on one Training
- 60 or 90 minute individual sessions
- Highest degree of program specialization
- Program development based solely on athlete progress
- Ignite Training
- 2-5 athletes per session
- Program is individualized, but with the comfort of a partner
- Creates friendly competition and an accountability partnership
- Team, large-group or program-level training
- Strength and conditioning sessions for organizations, large groups, and teams
- Builds team cohesion and comaraderie
For more information or questions, contact Jacob Thomas at (262) 321-0200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch the SPS Video
Meet the Coaches
I believe that every sports performance or fitness journey is much like a mountain. To reach the summit of a mountain, you must climb up and down, zig-zagging your way to the top. I believe that fitness and sports performance are very similar in this way. My goal is to be your climbing guide to the peak of your fitness and sports performance life. I will educate you with the tools and knowledge to take the safest and most effective journey to your personal summit. I believe your goals will be achieved through hard work, dedication, and discipline. I believe, to reach new heights, you must work in a way you haven’t before and break the status quo. One of my favorite quotes is, “The stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.” My success will be achieved when my motto becomes yours.
University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh
B.S. Kinesiology-Emphasis in Strength & Conditioning
Reflexive Performance Reset Level 1 Certification
- Played College Football for The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh
- Strength & Conditioning Intern for the University of South Carolina Football Team
- Strength & Conditioning Intern for the University of Wisconsin Men’s & Women’s Basketball, Hockey, Golf, and Spirit Squad Teams
- Sports Performance
- Exercise Programming
The main objectives of my programming are 1) Improve athletic performance, and 2) Decrease the risk of injury. It is my responsibility as a coach to create a training environment that will allow each athlete to perform to the best of their ability. My programs consist of strength training, speed/agility training, mobility & stability, and energy system training.
Concordia University of Wisconsin
M.S. – Applied Exercise Science
University of Wisconsin Green Bay
B.S. – Exercise Science
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist – National Strength and Conditioning Association
American Red Cross CPR/AED, First Aid
- Assistant Sports Performance Coach for the University of Wisconsin La Crosse
- Sports Performance Intern for Marquette University
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sports Performance Training
- Injury Prevention
- Strength Training
Get Your Free Day Pass Today!