What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a Traditional Chinese Medicine modality practiced for more than 3,500 years in China. It is currently practiced in most countries of the world and is continuing to grow in popularity due to its acceptance by the World Health Organization and the National Institute of Health. These organizations have sponsored studies that support the efficacy of acupuncture for various medical complaints.
We help patients with a broad range of acute and chronic symptoms, including:
- Acute and chronic pain - anywhere in the body including headaches/migraines
- Cognitive problems - lack of concentration, poor memory and inability to focus
- Digestive irregularities - bloating, changes in bowel habits, weight changes, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, indigestion, nausea and vomiting
- Energy problems - fatigue, tiredness and lack of motivation
- Fertility difficulties - difficulty conceiving and maintaining a pregnancy to term
- Gynecological concerns - irregular menstrual cycle and painful menses, endometriosis and PMS
- Menopausal symptoms - hot flashes and night sweats
- Musculoskeletal problems - low back pain, muscle, tendon and joint pain, fibromyalgia, sports injuries, and repetitive motion injuries
- Respiratory problems - difficulty breathing and shortness of breath, asthma, allergies, sinus and bronchial trouble, colds and flu
- Sleep problems - inability to fall asleep, stay asleep, or sleep soundly and restfully
Integrative medicine is an approach that uses the best evidence-based practices to enhance conventional care.
Integrative medicine encompasses a broad range of therapeutic approaches to achieve optimal health and wellness.
At your appointment, you have the opportunity to ask questions and discover what therapies are safe and actually helpful, so that you can make rational choices about your own healthcare.
Integrative medicine evaluates and incorporates specific services that address the whole person, not just the disease.
Follow the links below to learn more about each of the integrative approaches offered by Integrative health Solutions: